- PDF print file
- PDF print nameplate file (optional)
- Printer with 8.5" x 11" paper
- Glue stick, clear tape, and scissors
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader when opening your pdf files.
To print, ALWAYS CHOOSE the "FIT" OPTION and auto orientation for printing.
- Print as many copies of the pattern design that you'll need to fit the length of your frame.
- Print one copy of the nameplate file, choose landscape or portrait depending on the pattern's orientation.
- Line up the pattern pieces having the connection lines on the left and right sides of each piece of paper.
- Run the glue stick along the sides of each piece and then put them together, overlapping the sides a little bit.
(using the glue makes it easy to reposition if necessary and holds the pieces of paper together for the taping step)
Tape the pieces together on the FRONT AND BACK sides of the pantograph.
(taping both sides allows your pattern to be more stable and roll up easily)
- Use a permanant marker to draw over any connection lines that may have gotten hidden by overlapped side edges.
- Trim and tape the nameplate piece to the end of the left side of the pantograph.
(this is useful for identifing the design when the pattern is rolled up)
Large format printers create pattern pieces that use 11" x 17" or 13" x 19" paper which produces larger sized pantographs. You can choose between home printing using a large format printer, or ordering from a local printer. Both offer wonderful results!
Large Format Home Printing
Follow the steps located under the "Home Printer" tab while working with your pattern.
Low cost, large format printers can be purchased online like this Canon PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Business Printer at Amazon.com for $135.99. Other good sources for new and used large format printers are social platforms like Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp.
Large Format Professional Printing
For low cost printing services, you can take your PDF pattern files to a FedEx Print Center or a local printer where you can pick the size you'd perfer. You can also order online at FedEx and choose from their pick-up, delivery, or other types of shipping methods. They also offer discounts and a rewards program if you plan to print several patterns. CLICK HERE for more information.
PDF Wide Format Pantograph File
Included with your purchase is a PDF file for wide format printing which you can identify by the word "roll" in the file name.
- Our wide format pantographs should be printed on paper rolls, using professional size printers or plotters.
- Patterns are sized to be printed on a 18" wide roll of paper and are 144" long.
- You can enlarge or decrease the overall design size as needed.
- Your printed pattern will need to be trimmed to the height of the design to fit on the back of your quilting frame.
- Black and white printing
- Copy paper 20lb weight
- Choose "fit to print"
- 24" wide printer
Tear Away Pantograph
A tear away pantograph can be used for both longarm and domestic quilting. We recommend Golden Threads Quilting Paper which tears away cleanly and easily without pulling out your stitches.
Simply trace your pattern onto the quilting paper and stitch directly onto your quilt. To remove the paper after quilting, gently tug fabric on the bias. Paper will break away from stitching, making it easy to tear away.
Watch this YouTube video by Leah Day to learn more about using tear away pantographs.